February 22, 2007

The World of Furniture

USA Baby is now talking to me as little as possible. All of their responses to me are via email, but they also have sent faxes to confirm shipments per my request. They don't call me on the phone anymore, and they try to get me off the phone as soon as possible if I call them. Fun!

Big news today, we received confirmation that the crib (and rails, hopefully) are en route from Georgia. The truck left the 19th, and depending on the # of stops the truck makes on the way to Seattle, we should have the crib in early March, though knowing our luck, we should plan on the end of July so we're not disappointed.

In their brilliance, they sent me their invoice with no line items struck. I now know what they paid for the crib and who gets the invoice (Fardos Management in NC). I can now send the owner of the store a letter if I so desire, and I have some added ammunition should I choose to have them reduce the price I paid even further.

Since we'll get the crib at least 2 weeks late (by their math) and 3 weeks late by ours, how should I go about convincing them to reduce the cost? Give me your ideas.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write a letter expressing your disappointment/frustration with the service and communication. Don't just go off on a customer service rep or ask them to do something (they usually don't have the authority), make sure it gets to the right department or person, and follow up on it.

Mentioning that this experience has led you to warn friends & family about USA Baby will probably scare them into a price reduction or merchandise as a way to keep you a happy customer - and keep you from badmouthing them.

Too late for that last part, but they don't have to know that.

February 23, 2007 12:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sadly, it appears that this is not an unusual problem for USA Baby. Multiple states have sued them under consumer protection laws.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/babybargains/blog/B40737805/C1617824858/E20060503103944/index.html

http://www.legalnewsline.com/news/190903-king-joins-assault-on-embattled-baby-store-franchiser

February 23, 2007 12:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess those links didn't come up properly, so just google "USA Baby Complaints" and click on the first two links, sorry for the confusion.

February 23, 2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 23, 2007 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home