January 22, 2007

And With a V, Marquette moves up in the polls

It's not March yet, so the madness has yet to begin, yet watching Marquette take on Pitt yesterday made me rather anxious. Squandering an 11 point lead with only a few minutes to go, the outcome looked bleak for a time, but MU rallied in OT to win.

So I expected a close game to go the other way because we miss our free-throws...but yesterday they proved me wrong, for that game at least. 15 in-a-row (10 of them in OT) make me wonder how we shoot so poorly from the stripe in other situations. Apparently when it's stressful the guys are more able to shoot the ball straight.

After an 0-2 start in the Big East, MU is now 3rd in the conference, not too shabby. Seton Hall is coming up next, and it will be on XM channel 200 for me to listen to, since it's not televised nationally without paying for it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home